The SDSU Distinguished Alumni Awards
The SDSU Alumni Association places an emphasis on recognizing individuals who have demonstrated outstanding achievement in many areas. The individuals must have attended or graduated from SDSU to be nominated for recognition as a Distinguished Alum. However, individuals who have not attended or graduated from SDSU are eligible for recognition as the SDSU Alumni Association’s Non-Alumni Award for Service to South Dakota.
The selection committee reviewing the nominations takes into consideration such characteristics as:
• Has the individual had a significant impact on the history of SDSU and its mission?
• Has the individual made significant contributions to the state of South Dakota and its people?
• Has the individual performed excellence of service to his/her home community?
• Has the individual achieved a level of distinction which would merit comparable recognition in his/her profession or area of excellence?
• Has the individual demonstrated a lifetime commitment to education and made significant contributions within the field of academia?
• Has the individual had a significant history of giving time and energies in support of SDSU alumni activities and projects?
• And for the non-alumni award for service to South Dakota, has the individual performed distinguished service to the people of South Dakota?
1. The individual submitting this form is responsible for obtaining all material associated with the nomination and is encourage to forward all information at one time.
2. Each nomination should include the following:
a) A completed nomination form.
b) A minimum of three, maximum of five letters of support.
c) A current resume, curriculum vitae, or biographical sketch.
d) Additional supporting materials (newspaper clippings, magazine articles, etc.) also are helpful (limit three).
3. The deadline for submission is June 1st.
4. Recipients will be recognized at the Legends and Leaders Awards banquet and program on the eve of Hobo Day.