First Time Login
Update Personal Info
Host an Event
Family of the Year
Legends & Leaders
50 Year Club
Alumni Tailgate Sponsors
Planning a Reunion?
Host a Watch Party
Wonders of Australia
Where We've Been
Where should we go?
Board of Directors
Jackrabbits Forever Fund
A message from Liberty Mutual Insurance
From Dennis Goebel, Vice President, Liberty Mutual Insurance
Affordable Baby-Proofing Tips for Your Home
It’s not always easy to keep your little ones safe around the house, but these simple baby-proofing tips can help. Better still, each one can be performed using everyday household objects.
• Worried about slamming doors and pinched fingers? Pool noodles make great door stoppers. Cut a 6-inch section from a pool noodle, then slice it lengthwise on one side. Slip it over the upper edge of your door, and you have a quiet door stopper.
• Keep your child from exploring surge protectors. First, cut a hole in the side of a plastic bin with a lid. Then, place the surge protector in the box and thread the wires and cords through the hole. Now seal the box with the lid to keep the surge protector out of reach.
• Rubber bracelets or thick hairbands make great child-proof cabinet locks. Loop one over cabinet knobs to keep the contents out of your baby's hands.
• Decals or stickers make glass doors more visible. Keep babies from crawling headfirst into a not-so-noticeable door by placing one (or more) on the glass.
• Bathe your child in a laundry basket in the tub. This not only prevents toys from floating away, it also keeps your baby in the same spot in the tub, minimizing head-bumps on the faucet.
• Cover the sharp edges of your hearths with foam pipe insulation. Keep it in place with duct tape to reduce head bumps.
• Tennis balls can soften sharp table corners. Cut small slices in old tennis balls and wedge them onto table corners to prevent bumps and bruises.
To learn more about Liberty Mutual Auto and Home Insurance or get a free, no-obligation quote, call 1-855-948-5997 or visit libertymutual.com/SDSUalumni.
Coverage underwritten and provided by Liberty Mutual Insurance Company and its affiliates, 175 Berkeley Street, Boston, MA 02116. Reprinted with permission from Liberty Mutual. ©2014 Liberty Mutual Insurance
Procedures & Policies
SD Art Museum
SD Ag Heritage Museum
SD Research Park
815 Medary Ave, Brookings, SD 57006
(605) 697.5198 or toll-free (888) 735.2257