The SDSU Distinguished Alumni Awards
The SDSU Alumni
Association places an emphasis on recognizing individuals who have
demonstrated outstanding achievement in many areas. The individuals
must have attended or graduated from SDSU to be nominated for
recognition as a Distinguished Alum. However, individuals who have not
attended or graduated from SDSU are eligible for recognition as the SDSU
Alumni Association’s Non-Alumni Award for Service to South Dakota.
The selection committee reviewing the nominations takes into consideration such characteristics as:
• Has the individual had a significant impact on the history of SDSU and its mission?
• Has the individual made significant contributions to the state of South Dakota and its people?
• Has the individual performed excellence of service to his/her home community?
• Has the individual achieved a level of distinction which
would merit comparable recognition in his/her profession or area of
• Has the individual demonstrated a lifetime commitment to
education and made significant contributions within the field of
• Has the individual had a significant history of giving
time and energies in support of SDSU alumni activities and projects?
• And for the non-alumni award for service to South Dakota,
has the individual performed distinguished service to the people of
1. The individual submitting this form is responsible for
obtaining all material associated with the nomination and is encourage
to forward all information at one time.
2. Each nomination should include the following:
a) A completed nomination form.
b) A minimum of three, maximum of five letters of support.
c) A current resume, curriculum vitae, or biographical sketch.
d) Additional supporting materials (newspaper clippings, magazine articles, etc.) also are helpful (limit three).
3. The deadline for submission is June 1st.
4. Recipients will be recognized at the Legends and Leaders Awards banquet and program on the eve of Hobo Day.